Tuesday, 1 April 2014

Another drawing a day project? Yes (because clearly I don't have enough to do!)

Oh my poor wee blog. Your looking all forlorn and unloved so I have decided to do another drawing a day project. It's not going to be the same as my 'drawing a day for a year project' as this one is going to have certain rules. They are all going to be blind contour line drawings (in a bid to improve my hand eye co-ordination), will be up to A4 in size and I can spend no more than 30 minutes on each one. I have also decided that I will put each original drawing up for sale for £10 (The original not a print).

I also only have so much tat...erm...lovely things...in my house that I can draw so if you have a particular item in your home that you love and you would quite like a slightly strange blind contour line drawing of it then send me a clear photo and I shall oblige.

I shall be posting the pictures here daily. They will also be on my Art Is Autobiographical  Facebook page and my Art Is Autobiographical  Etsy shop (Where they will be available to buy)

(I would like to thank Lavender George of  Lavender George Art for letting me pinch her idea. She is also producing daily collectables for £10 so go like her Facebook page and see if anything takes your fancy. Her work is beautiful)

6 comments:

TALON said...

Lovely to see the blog active again, Carol. I loved your drawing a day for a year (and still adore my paper cranes which I was just looking at while making my cup of tea) :) This will be wonderful~!

Carol said...

Talon - Awww, thanks hon. It feels good to be blogging again :-)

I just figured that if I was going to do a drawing a day as a limbering up exercise then I might as well put them up for sale and blog them! (and it's really nice to connect with blog friends again....been out the loop for quite a while!)

C x

Mel said...

Awww....this will be great fun! And yep...out of the loop for way too long. But it's all good cuz it sounds like it's been a productive time for you.
The chair turned out sort of cool...but the vase is way awesome with th details. I couldn't do that with my eyes opened, staring at the paper! ;-) Just sayin...

Carol said...

Mel - Did you get my e-mail? I sent you one a few weeks ago just to say Hi and explaining why I had not been around.

Things have been manic recently...very busy work wise which is fab! Actually, will post some of the paintings I have been doing for you to have a look at....think you will like them!

C x

Mel said...

Well, I just went looking and found it.....sheesh, I REALLY need to pull my head out of my arse and get back to a routine. It's been "too much drama" aroumd here....I'll catch you up via email when I come up for air. ;-)
I'll be glad when I get my belly full and decide to stop whinging and get my feet grounded again. LOL...I sometimes like to pretend it's not as simple as "choosing".

Carol said...

Mel - Don't worry about it hon. Tis very easy done...I missed one that my friend had sent me a few weeks ago...found it yesterday!

Not had time to go back through your blog but I will. Am trying to get into a bit more of a routine which, hopefully, will enable me to keep up with everyone again. We'll see if it works out!

Awww, when there are lots of things going on sometimes it is not as simple as 'choosing'. You just feel how you feel! Don't be too hard on yourself hon.

Mwah.

C x

Post a Comment