Thursday, 11 October 2012

Birch


I have an idea! 

Each of these symbols is linked to a tree and to a month...soooo if I separate them out then I could paint the symbol onto it's corresponding wood. I think that would make a rather lovely birthday gift and they could be hung on the wall without the expense of having to get a picture framed. (Anyone any idea where I might be able to source wood for this? I'm thinking....slice through a branch so that I would have a round shape (ideally with the bark still on the outside), sand the middle till it's smooth, paint the symbol onto it and then attach a wee hook. Think this is a good idea?). 

I think you can probably guess what the next few pictures are going to be

This symbol represents the Birch Tree and covers birthdays from Dec 24th to Jan 20th.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Oh, that's a very creative idea! Do you have a dumping place for cut trees/garden waste around there? Or a neighbor whose tree is hanging onto your property?
..k.....that last one isn't probably the wisest resource, huh?

Carol said...

Mel - Westonbirt Arboretum is not far from where we live so I'm pretty sure I could contact them about getting some wood for this project. I think that would be better than upsetting the neighbours :-D

C x

Post a Comment