Sunday, 23 September 2012

C for Colleen (Finished)

And here is the finished one mounted (and framed but you can't see that!). I added her name in the cube and, I'm not sure if you can see it, a message from her Mum and Dad in binary at the bottom (She can go online, input the 1's and 0's to get the message). 

I really enjoyed doing this and it's given me an idea. I'm thinking that I might do the entire alphabet and offer personalisation of them on my etsy shop. What do you think? 
(Might make good Christmas presents!)

8 comments:

The bike shed said...

Ignore previous comment - this much better than a circular mount - though they are worth trying out, as are ovals.

Carol said...

Mark - I think a circular mount would have worked if I hadn't framed the C with the triangles. Overall, I was pleased with how this turned out and her Dad was over the moon with it :-)

C x

Moggiehouse said...

I think an alphabet would be a fab idea! I particularly think 'K' would look particularly good framed by triangles *hints wildly* :-) Love Mum :-) xxx

Blu said...

Wonderful!!!

Carol said...

Mum - Subtle! :-D

Blu - Thanks hon. Mwah.

C x

Mel said...

*laughing* I adore a subtle mom!

And I like it! I like it especially with the binary message--now THAT......makes the whole gift!

Carol said...

Mel - Yeah, I think I get my 'not-so-subtleness' from her!

Your right, the binary message is the thing that makes it really personal but because it's in binary it's not too obvious! (and not embarrassing!)

C x

Jennifer said...

I think it's a great idea! You could have a lot of fun with codes too.

Post a Comment